Sunday, August 20, 2006

Excited Over Weird Things

I got out the church directory and counted family units. There are 229 family units on our church membership list. Thirty nine of them have come to our house for the “Meet and Greets” for the past eight weeks.

And I’m excited that there are still 190 to go. I love hearing everyone’s stories. I just think it is so incredibly cool when someone who has been married for 58 years tells about how they met their spouse, or hearing about the great tragedies people have overcome, or the great joys they have found. I think it is magical when an old man who is pushing 85 talks about what a great wife he has and how awesome his life with her has been. And I think it’s awesome to hear of younger people too and where they see their lives are heading.

I’ve always been fascinated by people and their stories and our Sunday night meet and greets have given me a chance to make those connections. And I love it.

So I’m really glad there are still 190 family units we haven’t had over yet. I hope that by the time they’ve all come over that we’ve had enough new people join that we can keep going.

But I’m not sure how my INFP husband feels about doing this for several more years...

No comments: