Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Estrogen vs. Testosterone

I have jokingly said, being in the process of raising 5 teenage boys at once, that I am living in a testosterone fog...

However, I am quickly learning that a testosterone fog is NOTHING compared to the mist of estrogen that lingers in the air.

Today I had to take our oldest daughter to an orthodontist appointment 2 hours from here and I ended up having to take a few other kids with us because there was no one to care for them -- and a couple of them were kids she didn’t want along. Following her lead, our other daughter got an attitude.

It was seriously hard to breathe in the van because of the estrogen mist. They were glaring, they were huffing, they were staring, they were sighing. Their displeasure was palpable.

But it dissipated, just like the mist, after a half hour or so and the rest of the day went pretty well.

But give me anger filled, farting, burping, loud, obnoxious, butt slapping, stupid joking, smelly socked testosterone any day.

No comments: