Thursday, August 17, 2006

Record Breaking Week

I would first like to report that for the first time in months I went to bed without anxiety. All of the troubling thoughts that usually come flooding into my mind were gone. There really weren’t any. John was in a safe place where I knew we would all get a break from him and a place that I hope will keep him accountable and help him. I have talked to Mike this week and he was pleasant and not blaming us. Even the girls went to bed peacefully. I slept a long time, slept well, and felt pretty rested when I woke up.

In fact, I even went to bed excited instead of stressed. I’m starting to do just a couple of things to get involved in our new church, and I’m really pumped up them -- an email group, helping with the Powerpoint slide show, and teaching adult Sunday School (preparing now to start in the fall).

Also, this week I broke the 250 mark with my page views for the first time ever!

1 comment:

AdoptiveMomma said...

Peace, quiet (relative quiet, even) and sleep are good!

I have a request. Sometime would you post a definition of “family”? How you define it, how your kids do. How friends and acquaintances are different from family, and how they sometimes cross over into being family, in some form or other? My 18yo is trying to live in Neverland because subconsciously he believes that if he grows up / moves out / goes to college, we won’t be there for him. My 16yo has built up walls for years and tried to reject us before we can reject her. They’re both working on these issues. I’m trying to open a discussion on what family is – and why they can count on us forever.

Thanks!