Sunday, August 20, 2006

They Grow Up

Jimmy and I stopped by and visited the adoption agency who helped us with our first 7 children. There were several pictures of us on their wall, now surrounded by many others. There was a picture of our finalization of Kyle and Mike -- they were SO small. Then there was a picture of the day that John and the girls moved in. Then a picture of us at court with them. Then a picture of Rand’s placement at the RTC where he was living, and a picture of us at court with him.

I was telling the social worker about John and thanking him, jokingly, for giving us a kid who was threatening to kill us. He quoted me as saying, when they were placed with us, that we had “won the lottery.” And we did. I still feel that way even after everything we’ve been through.



If I were to send this picture out to all of the people who are wanting to adopt right now and waiting to be matched, I would have ALL of them wanting these kids. They were young, cute, few issues. But what I have to keep reminding people is that the kids grow up and there are no guarantees.



I cracked up when I saw this picture of Rand’s finalization. I have no idea how Dominyk got that dirty that fast -- we finalized right in town, only had to drive a mile to the courthouse....

No comments: