Thursday, July 06, 2006

And I Got Up Again

Bart got home at midnight. Apparently my child who wants to remain anonymous was hiding under the desk in the family room and both her brothers new where she was but JImmy didn’t tell me until almost 12:30. Then I had to hear a long list of my faults. I always find it interesting that when one of the kids does something they shouldn’t and I dare to parent them, I am forced to listen to all kinds of criticisms about my parenting and personhood. Last night it was my blogging, my inability to tell the truth (don’t know where THAT came from, since lying is not something I ever do) and how fat and lazy I am (which is a fact and not something new).

Bart and I had to process the day together as it was a difficult one for both of us and weren’t asleep much earlier than 2 a.m. I am now up ready for an IEP meeting by phone with Mike’s school and then a day of work.

So last night’s situation is far from resolved, but of course the kids who were involved are still asleep...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You are much nicer than me. I would have woken their little butts when you had to get up.