Monday, July 17, 2006

Feeling a Bit Out of Touch and Geting Discouraged

Back at Dunn Brothers. Not even liking it here any more. I can't send email from here. The guy was at our house for 4 hours this morning and is now saying that we may have to have the house completely rewired in order to get cable. I'm thinking it's a little late for that -- we've paid all the fees for installation and everything and never heard a word about needing new wiring. Our internet worked fine until Thursday night and then all of the sudden we need the whole cable rewired?

This morning I was up bright and early to do an errand for Bart. I then stayed home to answer the Cable Guys questions for a couple hours and then went to meet Paula to pick up Salinda. On the way, Jimmy, John, Sadie and I had lunch. Came home and took people to shop for John's birthday, which is today. (not motivated to take pictuers, when I can't post them, but I digress). Tonight Bart is making Shish-ka-bobs at John's request and I'm trying to catch up on a day worth of emails when I can't send email unless I go to web mail, which is a huge hassle. Fortunately there were only two or three that really required my response.

There is some good news -- John may have a job. We're waiting to find out but things are looking good. That would definitely, as Cindy would say, give us more oxygen at home. He's been doing OK lately, but it would still ease a lot of stress for him and us if he was working many hours a week.

Tomorrow I have three home visits so I won't be home much -- but at least I won't be home without internet, which is the ultimate in frustrating. Having jobs where I work from home is wonderful, but without the internet, I simply cannot get work done. I'm going to call the company from here and see how far I can get with them.

No comments: