Saturday, July 29, 2006

Went Well

The presentation went well. In fact, and you're not going to believe this, my idol invited us to come speak for him in NYC and stay AT HIS HOUSE. And he'll pay expenses if we speak to his staff and prospective parents. In my frame of reference this would be similar to having a famous movie star invite us over.

I'm pretending to be a groopie fan and I'm not really like that, but this guy has been speaking at NACAC for 19 years and has been the start of many progressive things in adoption in many ways. So actually having him think we're good is quite a compliment.

We're heading to the airport and by tomorrow night we'll all be back together again. heavy sigh. I'm sure there will be issues to deal with when we get home, but it's been nice to not have to deal with them for a while.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Wow!!! I have heard Pat speak before and he is amazing. I have also heard you speak several times and I understand why he invited you to go to NYC. Great job, Claudia! ~Kari

P.S. Reading your posts from the conference has made me miss working for NACAC. I hope you gave Joe a hug from me!