Monday, July 03, 2006

Matching Statistics

I was going back over some records trying to get a handle on my reporting and here are my matching statistics to date (starting about the year 2000):

178 Children Home
166 of those children either finalized or are waiting to be finalized

That means that I only have a 6% disruption rate, which is really pretty low considering how many teens and older kids I’ve helped to place.

Some day I will work on ages, etc. of all the placements, but for now this makes me feel pretty good.

However, there are still so many more out there to find homes for. Only about 120,000 more.

I know that statistics mean nothing. It’s like the fact that I can order fast food for 12 without writing it down. It’s an accomplishment that keeps me going.

And I think 178 kids will some day be grateful they have families.


No comments: