Thursday, July 13, 2006

I'm Sorry, I Could Not Understand that Response

After a morning of attempting to parent and do laundry and get the internet working again, I have given up and now that my children are being cared for by their PCAs I am at the coffee shop having a nice lunch and typing away.

This morning I was on the phone with the automated tech support person and the conversation went something like this:

TS"P" (Tech support "Person") Please disconnect your power source from your computer. When you are done please say continue."

Me: TURN THAT DOWN!

Tony: "I already f***** turned it down."

TSP: I'm sorry, I could not understand that response. Please repeat your response.

Me: You did NOT turn it down. now you have to turn it off.

Tony: VERY LOUD SCREAM

TSP: I'm sorry, I could not understand that response. Please disconnect your power source from your computer. When you are done please say continue."

Me: OK, That's It. You've got a time out.

Tony: More loud screaming.

TSP: I'm sorry, I could not understand that response.

Me: Click.

I'm so glad that for customer service purposes all conversations are recorded. That one I'm sure will result in the file being marked "CRABBY WITCH" and nobody ever wanting to serve me again.

No comments: