Monday, July 03, 2006

Recovering from Episode #2453

I just got home from driving around for 10 minutes. I had to leave to keep things from escalating with John to the point that I would get hurt. He is still unwilling to admit that he took any money, though we know he did. But the reason that it kept escalating is that I told him multiple times to simply leave me alone and give me some space. I was working in my bedroom on bash charts for next week with my laptop so that Bart and I would be in the same room and I wouldn't get accosted in my office. Bart went to put some other kids to bed so I could keep working and John came in at least six times.

The more I told him to stay away, the more he had to keep coming back with more mean things to say. It got to the point where he shoved me (not that hard) and started cussing. I decided to leave the house and he followed me outside, telling me to burn in hell at the top of his voice at 9:45 at night. Lovely way to be introduced to everyone's children and grandchildren who are in our neighborhood for the holiday.

On Wednesday, after the 4th of July busy-ness, I'm heading to the police department to tell them about tonight and asked what they would have done. Bart will be gone Wed-Friday this week taking three kids to camp and Kyle will be gone as well, and I don't want to be in this position again without a backup.

I'm tired. So very tired in so many ways.

But tomorrow is a new day and we have friends coming for the 4th. Hopefully it will be fun.

2 comments:

Claudia said...

I'm sure Mike would be willing.

And now that we have Law Enforcement backing us up, I'm not as nervous.

Tina said...

I have a son who sounds like yours and we get respite through mental health. When Dad is not going to be home for a few days, C goes to respite just to avoid being home alone with him and the others. My son wieghs around 190 which is 70 more than me.