Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Last Night and This Morning

As you can tell, I blogged last night to relieve my stress. I am not even sure what I wrote nor do I want to go back and look.

However, this morning I went down to the Law Enforcement Center to find out their policy. I was informed that Domestic Assault charges would immediately be filed and that he would be taken to detention. He warned me not to change my mind and try to keep them from taking him or we would be arrested too for interfering with a police officer. I let him know that was the last thing we would do.

We came home, had Kyle take the younger kids to the park, and informed John that we knew he did not have the money. We were going to take the watch back and get a legitimate story from the store, and that the next time he threatened to beat me up we were going to call law enforcement. He finally gave us the watch and we headed to the mall.

It turned out that we did get a fairly good explanation for the watch, even though we know he took the money. He still stands by his outlandish story about how he ended up with an explained $25.00, but we’ve let him know we don’t buy it.

He tried to get us to call law enforcement today to take him away, but he doesn’t get the point --we can’t just call and tell them to come get him if he isn’t breaking the law.

This morning is a good explanation as to why adoptive parents need subsidies. My plan for today was to work from 8-3. It’s 11:30 and I am just getting ready to start. After being at the police station and the mall and then coming home to Salinda hitting Sadie with a shoe, Kyle making Tony scream, Dominyk thinking someone had stolen the tools he needed to build a catapault, (sp), etc., it’s been non-stop redirection.

Bart said this morning that we should have logged all the hours we had spent tracking down the truth and working with law enforcement and the county. It would be a lot of hours.

But for this moment things are relatively calm and I guess I can start working...

No comments: