Saturday, December 16, 2006

Always a Shocking Reality

Well, we came home to nothing horrible, but all kinds of typical stuff. Our room had been broken into (main suspect, Mike), Tony and Ricardo were missing when we arrived (they had only been left unsupervised for an hour because we missed the first shuttle), Salinda made me go out and wait in the van when I went to pick her up because she was embarrassed to have me be seen by her friend's family (even though her best friend shrieked and jumped into my arms (literally) with joy when she saw me), our remote is missing (from our locked bedroom), we got a nasty letter from the IRS dealing with a problem I've been trying to work on since March, Mike is complaining that there was nobody here to give him a ride to work even though HE wasn't here, and the six hours of five and a half hours sleep we got last night followed by hours of travel did not prepare me to face it all with a balanced perspective.

When we were speaking this week and telling stories of how they drive us crazy we forget about how yucky it feels sometimes.

No comments: