Sunday, December 17, 2006

Media Night

I started with the sixty minutes segment about Finding Families, an organization that looks for relatives of kids in foster care who are not adopted and don't have a resource.

Then I listened to the radio program hosted by You Gotta Believe that Bart did a segment on. Did anyone hear it? I thought he did great.

And now I am watching 'No Place for a Child" on MSNBC. Tony has spent the entire time since we got back talking about how he wants to go live somewhere else and how he isn't going to live here anymore. So we are watching the stories of some children who because of behavior problems had to be institutionalized (which he is saying he wants -- to live in a group home like Mike and John did).

The show has had him in tears once, so I'm hoping that the message sinks in and that he realizes the need to change the behavior that he can change. He has been so trying over the last week -- his PCA isn't going to work with him any more and I don't blame her. She had a horrible week here trying to take care of everyone and I am very upset with my children, especially with the ones who are usually fairly good for me.

But right now we are in the middle of this media extravaganza hoping we'll learn something, and that Tony will too.

No comments: