Thursday, December 28, 2006

An Interesting Couple of Perspectives


I didn’t get to blog much yesterday. I was busy transporting, working through issues, etc. I did get to have a little fun with a friend last night and get away for two hours, but came home to Bart and Kyle’s monthly argument where Bart dares to correct Kyle’s behavior and he explodes and blames Bart for everything and won’t apologize, yada yada yada.

Holidays always pretty much suck. Though we had a pretty good Christmas, the day before, and the days after have not been fun.

I thought this post from a mom who adopted four little kids about a year ago combined with Kari’s post about life with her adult adopted sister told a pretty discouraging story. The first post asks,

“Are these kids going to do this EVERY year then? I know that is the way of lots of kids adopted out of the foster care system. But I mean are they REALLY going to do this right into adulthood? Are their spouses and children going to dread Christmas every year because their parent/spouse cannot hold it together due to childhood trauma?”

And then Kari’s post basically answers the question. And it isn’t the response any of us really want to hear. I don’t think we’ll add this information to the recruiting brochures.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Sorry to be the downer. But, something that you CAN put in recruiting brochures is that as unpleasant as it can be, people are worth the effort.

My sister was created by a God who loves her tremendously and He will continue to help me learn how to deal with her. He will teach me patience and tolerance through her. Easy people don't teach us anything. ~Kari

Linda B said...

Ditto. Look at all the people Kari has touched through her sister. God has reached so many, many people through her sister. At the time pain is happening it is hard to think how anything good can come from this...but it does.