Wednesday, December 27, 2006

One of Those Domino Effect Nights


Last night I finally got to go to bed at 10:30. Tony is on some new medication and it keeps him from being able to go to sleep (but fortunately he is much better during the day). So, getting him to quiet down was not easy. So, around 10:30 or 10:45 we went to sleep.

At 12:10 the phone rang and that begin the Domino effect. The phone was for Mike and I told the person that I didn’t know if he was home or not but even if he was he couldn’t get calls after 10. I was very groggy but when I got up to go to the bathroom I heard lots of noise downstairs. When I got downstairs I found Mike and one of his 13 year old friends in the family room laughing at something with kyle. I told the friend that I was going to take him home.

When I came back from that adventure, I heard an alarm going off in the girls room. When I got in their, much to my surprise, Salinda and her friend who were spending the night were not there. So I searched everywhere for them, inside and outside of the house. I also found Tony’s bed empty, but later found him on the couch. After a thorough search of the house I drove to the park and through the streets seeing if they went for a walk but was almost out of gas so I came home.

So I sat up worried sick that they had taken off and something had happened to them. I worried for nearly 90 minutes.

At 1:40 they came inside. Declared they had been outside on the tramp the whole time and had watched me come outside and Salinda was trying to convince me that I hadn’t looked hard enough. I pointed out that if she saw me, she should have known I was looking for them and let me know that they were out there.

Her attitude stunk. She was rude and nasty. I’m not sure what I’m going to do about it either.

So, around 2:30 I finally fell asleep. Now I’m up at 8:15 to give rides to yes, you guessed it, Salinda and Mike who, disregarding family rules, are the ones to blame for my sleep deprivation.

And, you guessed it, they will be the ones to point out of I’m a little crabby today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm confused?!?!
Why do you continue to try and make Mike and Salinda happy? Why would you not tell them you are too tired because of their inconsideration to take them anywhere?

And no, I don't have any teenagers, yet.

Claudia said...

Well, in this situation it's because they were going somewhere I was making them go. Salinda had to go to gymnastics practice (we make our kids go to every practice, even optional ones, to teach them commitment) and Mike had to go to work.

If it was someplace they weren't required to go, I might just take them anyway. Because if not, then they would be HERE making us all miserable.

When you have teenagers, you'll totally understand this. :-)