Friday, December 08, 2006

How My Husband Shames Me By His Goodness

This morning I was in my office trying to dig through everything I need to dig through before I head out of town on Monday to New York City with Bart to do some speaking for You Gotta Believe. I was wondering how I was going to get everything done anyway when Kari called with an offer I couldn't refuse. We are both here now having coffee (her) and tea (me) and a treat at Dunn Brothers.

But I went upstairs to get my laptop and found that my husband had begun to do a seriously cleaning of our bedroom. Music cranked and the sheets already in the washer he was using his day off to clean the house while I was skipping off to have a muffin with someone fun.

I usually never do this, so that is justifying my behavior, but he would have to pick the one time I leave my desk during the week to be industrious and hard-working. Of course, he might claim that he is always industrious and hard-working and that I only notice it when I leave my office long enough.

No comments: