Sunday, December 10, 2006

When you stop long enough to breathe it takes your breath away

I started this post yesterday and didn’t finish it.

Yesterday was another wild day. Got up, picked up Jimmy at 10, took home Ricardo’s friend at 11:30, left for the movie at 12:30, took one of Salinda’s friends home at 3 (right after the movie). Left with the other one of her friends at 3:45, picked up Mike around 4;30. We decided to postpone Ricardo’s birthday celebration until lunch time today because Bart after the wedding and all the cleaning he’s done the past two days was too tired to cook supper. So I took the kids who wanted to go to the hockey game out to supper while Bart took Mike to work and picked up Rand from his friends. Then Salinda’s “friend” came over and after the hockey game I took him home.

Today will be similar. And whenever I take time to breathe and look around, all I still need to do before I leave tomorrow takes my breathe away. I basically haven’t even started what needs to happen and I don’t have much time home today to get it done.

This morning I’m going to try to leave in 20 minutes but Tony is refusing to go to first service (though he will go) and nobody else is moving very fast.



Ricardo turns 13 today. By Christmas day we will have had 5 birthdays in 40 days. It’s a wild time of year for us.

Last night the family we went to watch hockey with is the one I referred to in this post. They are as awesome as ever. Their son, who used to be 5 is now in 7th grade and scored two of the goals. He did great out there. It was like a breath of fresh air to be with them again.

And now, I have to get four kids out the door to church. It’s not looking promising.

No comments: