Friday, December 22, 2006

Why I Love January


I am so excited about January. I am sure that January is not a month that most people love, but I really love January. I love January because I love my jobs and in one of my jobs January is the month where everything kicks back into gear and folks start really working at getting kids home. December is kind of dead because of Christmas preparations, etc, but in January it’s time to WORK!

So, when these kids go back to school on January 3rd, I will settle down to long days of frantic matching. I will hopefully get into the “zone” again (which I haven’t been able to do for a long time) and crank out the work that leads to kids coming home.

But between now and then I am going to try to forget about it all and have fun with my kids. We purchased several board games as gifts and I’m hoping to spend time playing them. I have a project that I traditionally include the girls in (see last year's here) that we will work on next week as well.

But for now, I am going to live in the moment and try to enjoy the kids and our time together (however, I don’t know that I will be able to make myself enjoy taking them shopping for each other on Saturday, but I will try).


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until Jan either. We were matched on Halloween and not much has happened since then. I am sure it will get moving in Jan though. What are your thoughts on the not moving in the school year thing?

Claudia said...

I think a child should be moved as soon as it is possible to do so. Waiting to move a child until after school is out means he goes to his new family not having any connections at school or in the community.

I always push for sooner instead of later.