Wednesday, December 27, 2006


Kyle got me the first season of Grey’s Anatomy on DVD for Christmas. I have been wanting to add ONE TV show to my life (I used to watch 4, now I’m down to an occasional episode of 7th Heaven and that’s it. But someone told me not to try to jump in and watch Grey’s Anatomy in the middle, that I needed to start with the first episode.

I’ve watched three, and there was a great line that I thought was awesome that came at the end of the third show.

I think it completely applies to this marathon race we’re in of both parenting adopted kids and working in the system. I don’t know if anyone will find it profound as I did, and I can’t really even explain why I found it so applicable and deep, so I’ll just post it and let it be.

There’s another way to survive. A way no one seems to tell you about, one you have to learn for yourself.

It’s not about the race, at all. There are no winners or losers. Victories are counted by the number of lives saved. And once and a while if you’re smart, the life that you save could be your own.


1 comment:

AdoptiveMomma said...

If you want the 2nd season when you finish watching the first, I have the DVDs...

Kathleen