Friday, December 08, 2006

Needing a Detailed Agenda


Our weekend is going to be very full. Today I have to travel 2 hours from here to do a post-placement visit. Tony is suspended, so he’ll be home with Bart who has the day off. At 11:15, Rand and Mike come home (half day) and then I’m taking Rand to spend the night at a friends as I head out of town. At 3 Bart will pick up Salinda and 2 friends to take them to gymnastics. Jimmy will head to a friends to spend the night. Dominyk’s PCA will bring the 3 elementary school kids here. I will get home in time to pick up Salinda and her two friends and bring them here as Bart leaves for a wedding rehearsal. Kari is coming to give Tony a ride to a birthday party because Adam is going there too. Then the Kari's, as Dominyk calls them, are coming for supper, along with 3 more of Salinda’s friends. Two of them will be spending the night. And that’s just Friday. I won’t go on to detail everything else for the weekend and bore you, but sometimes it really does seem like we have 10 kids.

I am printing out an agenda for the weekend of who is going where at what time so that I don’t have to answer the same questions over and over and so that people don’t plan things and then get disappointed when they don’t happen.

We went to bed last night with nobody angry, resentful or crying... those nights are always nice. In five minutes I’ll wake them up. Things may change pretty quickly (then again, they might not). You never really know.

No comments: