Saturday, December 23, 2006

Always Haunting Me


This morning I had the luxury of lying in bed for a while before getting up and, as is typical, all kinds of thoughts came pouring into my mind that are related to finding more homes for older kids. I have written before about how they haunt me.

Then I came downstairs to see that both Kari and Cindy linked this story to their blogs this morning. The sad thing is that I have been trying to recruit a family for him to no avail for over a year. Reading his story makes me even more frustrated that I haven’t been able to do so. I have a picture of him on my hard drive. He’s a very good looking kid. I’m sure there is some data privacy reason why I can’t post it here, but if you want to see it because you are interested in adopting him, let me know.

So, on a day where I’m supposed to be focussing on my family and Christmas things, I wake up with lots of ideas and motivations for work.

But I’m just going to write them down and put them on hold until next week or the week after. Unfortunately, the kids who need homes will all still be waiting then.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

and that is not the only reason why it is sad he is from Florida. They also have privatized their adoption program so that it is done b private agencies and therefore it is hard to get agencies to work with them. I won't go on, because there are some really good people in the system in Florida that I work with, but it certainly isn't easy to get kids out of that state.