Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Quick Update


Yesterday I drove to the finalization for one of the families on my caseload. It was a great time. Both sets of grandparents there and everyone was thrilled AND I KNOW these parents have the skills to hang in there with a pretty tough couple of girls. So that’s exciting!

I then came home for an hour at my desk before supper and immediately after supper I went Christmas shopping and then went to a friend’s to wrap gifts. It took us two full hours to wrap about half of the gifts (the other half remain unpurchased) and we’re on a tight budget this year). I came home, put the kids to bed, talked (apparently too much, according to him) to Bart, and went to bed just to get up and start again this morning.

I have 301 messages in my in box to deal with. I write that only so that I can report to you my progress, giving myself some external accountability which is always helpful when I am working alone. And my to do list is so long... heavy sigh.

I’m speaking to the Kiwanis club this afternoon as well. And Bart and I will sneak off for some lunch, possibly even with friends...

No comments: