Friday, December 04, 2009

The Blind Side -- Round Two

The story behind the Blind Side is amazing, isn't it? I loved the movie simply because it gives the message that you don't know what is inside a person and that you have to take a risk.

I got an email this week. I need to be very careful because of data privacy, but it is from a major metropolitan area in Texas. The boy is almost 16, he is a football player, a track star and an honor roll student. He wants a family in his region because he has built a good life for himself there. But he wants a family and he'd like to go to college. He has some big dreams. He's a Caucasian kid, not threatening, has few behavior issues....

You would think that after millions watched The Blind Side that there would be so many people thrilled with the idea of adopting a kid like this. To tell you the truth, I really wish we had the room. He's the kind of kid who has already shown who he is. He's not a risk. 2 year olds are a risk. 16 year olds are a pretty sure deal.

If you know of anyone who is homestudy ready in Texas and might be, let me know. He's too good to pass up.

3 comments:

Devil Dog Mamma said...

I have not yet seen the movie but the few articles I have read play out an amazing story. I wish the best to the 16 year old in Texas and I will pray that he finds his forever home and family.

Greg and Brandi said...

Where in TX? we are in the DFW area.

Claudia said...

They are actually willing to consider any texas family now. email me privately. ;-)