Sunday, December 06, 2009

Mercy Triumphs Over Judgment

The bottom line is that no matter how much judgment feels ... well... just, and deserved, and even right.... it doesn't win in the end.

I know that not everyone who reads my blog is a Christian, but James 2:10-13 says:

Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment!
.

Tonight John finally talked to me. I heard some of his woes. I tried to reason with him. He apologized. I forgave him. And then Bart and I took him and JImmy and Wilson out to dinner.

And even though I didn't really feel like letting go of all of my annoyed frustration, I did. And it feels a lot better.

Because even though judgment festers and feels somewhat good, it's mercy that triumphs.

No comments: