Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Things You've Been Waiting For

After several months of silence, Bart blogged. It's good.

A report on the adult children that I refused to babysit yesterday: 21 year old had one of the most helpful days he's had in a long time without having to be directed. I was shocked and pleased. 19 year old made it to school.... at 12:30 and only after I reminded him that if he was going to choose to skip it wouldn't be in front of my face and he had to leave the house. He was however, up very early this morning and is already ready to go. He told me he was going to stay up all night -- that that was the only way he could get up in time. Whatever.

And finally, Salinda called in tears last night. She's in a lot of pain and very uncomfortable. She had been at the hospital most of the day where they did many tests to see if the baby is ready to be delivered earlier. Apparently Gabby weighs about 5 lbs 15 ounces, is very healthy (needed an 8 on some score and got an 8, but Salinda isn't sure what that meant).

So..... this morning she is supposed to set up an appointment to have an amniocentesis and if all is well (results take ten hours) then he will induce her TOMORROW morning. I am trying to send some very subtle messages to the little girl telepathically that she really needs to be born by Christmas Eve around noon so Bart can make it back to preach.

However, this could be false alarm #5 or 6 so we will have to see how it all goes.

I'm looking forward to Salinda being done with her discomfort and pain. She has been given some pretty strong pain meds, but she is so worried they will hurt the baby that she won't take them. She texted me in her hormonal state that this was going to ruin her Christmas. I simply texted back, "A baby can't ruin Christmas. Christmas is all about a baby."

I am very grateful for her boyfriend and his family who are willing to take care of all of these trips to the doctor and help her through this. I'm not sure I would have been very good at it. Not the most patient bulb on the tree. (Did I just mix a metaphor)

And Gabby .... I'm excited to meet her. It's not every day you become a grandmother for the first time. Prayers are appreciated that everything will go well. I'll attempt to keep you updated.

1 comment:

jonavia1 said...

Keeping you all in my prayers.
Merry Christmas!
Joni