Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Incredibly Rewarding


This is a family I helped put together. Working with them has been incredibly fulfilling. A single Dad who had adopted one son from a Russian disruption contacted me a few years ago and now I've helped him add two more sons to his family. I joined them in court for finalization in November, and it was a great time.

I could tell you their whole story, but I won't to protect privacy, but he gave permission to share their photo and some of the story if it helped someone. He is an amazing father, the boys are healing so well, and they have a terrific family.

The definition of family isn't always exactly what people envision. But this is one of the coolest families I have ever known and it is incredibly rewarding to have been a part of their lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! I love to hear stories of other single parents who've chose adoption to build families!

Shawna