Friday, December 11, 2009

I'm Ready to be a Grandma

Early this morning I had a very bad dream. I dreamed we were in the waiting room of the hospital. I was having my wisdom teeth pulled by our friend who is an agricultural journalist while we waited for Salinda to have her baby. Our dentist was also their with his daughter, who in my dream was pregnant but who is only 14 and definitely is NOT pregnant in reality. I don't know why the dentist was there pulling my teeth if the journalist was already numbing my gums, but whatever.

So I dreamed I needed to go to the bathroom and when I came back everyone was crying. They let me know that we had lost Salinda and the baby. Both of them were gone. In the dream all I could think about was how I had kept putting on my blog that I wasn't ready to be a grandmother and how that probably was the reason they were both dead. I woke up so incredibly relieved that it had been a dream

So, blog world, I am ready to announce to you this morning that I AM READY TO BE A GRANDMA.

Bring it on, Gabriella Marie......

4 comments:

DynamicDuo said...

would this be the old saying - god speaks to us in mysterious ways?

Kari said...

I'm glad you are ready because it is coming soon, Memaw Claudia!

We'll pray that everything goes smoothly for mom and baby. ~Kari

Linda said...

Claudia, I read once that dreaming about losing teeth is about a fear of lost control, fear of powerlessness, fear of change, and/or fear of failure. If this is true, it kind of makes sense when you first thought about Salinda being pregnant. I had these dreams a lot so I had looked it up back then. Just your daily dream interpretation....not really an interpreter, I just play one on the internet.

GZimmy said...

My gosh, that sounds like the dreams I have, Claudia! Do you suppose we're related?