Friday, December 25, 2009

You're Nobody Til Somebody Texts You






For Christmas this year we have three more kids with cell phones. It's imperative now, if you are in middle or high school, to have your own number where people can reach you. If someone can't text you privately then you don't exist, plain and simple. And to give someone your parents landline phone? Nobody would be caught dead doing that any more.

And so they are all upstairs now configuring their phones. For his birthday and Christmas, Jimmy got an IPhone touch, nad I helped him download a free texting app so that he can also exist.

I've been wanting a new lense for my camera so that I can take sports pictures and of course, Bart came through for me. now I can not only take sports pictures but I can take pictures from inside my house of twigs in the cold back yard. And I can take pictures when Ricardo isn't looking from very far away. You ahve no idea how many pictures I have of him with his face covered.

Salinda nad Kyle both texted us how much they missed us. And Mike I am sure is thinking of us this morning from jail. Sometimes being missed is good. Kind of a "you don't know what you've got til it's gone."

And it's still snowing.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Whoo Hoo! I'm "somebody". Someone texted me today!

Have a great holiday!

Linda said...

What kind of camera do you have? I'm saving my pennies to get one some day. Do you love it?