People who know me might be surprised that I ring bells in our church handbell choir. It definitely doesn’t fit my “persona” if I have one. But here is why I do it:
1) Because the director is awesome -- one of the best supporters of our family that I know and the brains and working arms of many of the great things our church accomplishes;
2) Because it requires so much of my thought processes that I can’t think about anything else when I’m doing it, so it takes my mind off everything;
3) Because it makes me feel less guilty for not making cakes for funerals;
4) Because it is really cool when it actually all comes together;
5) Because it forces me away from the computer for an hour a week;
6) Because I actually have a little social contact with adults.