Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Bell Ringing

People who know me might be surprised that I ring bells in our church handbell choir. It definitely doesn’t fit my “persona” if I have one. But here is why I do it:

1) Because the director is awesome -- one of the best supporters of our family that I know and the brains and working arms of many of the great things our church accomplishes;

2) Because it requires so much of my thought processes that I can’t think about anything else when I’m doing it, so it takes my mind off everything;

3) Because it makes me feel less guilty for not making cakes for funerals;

4) Because it is really cool when it actually all comes together;

5) Because it forces me away from the computer for an hour a week;

6) Because I actually have a little social contact with adults.

No comments: