Monday, December 19, 2005

Start of a New School Week

Wow, my topic titles are brilliant lately, huh?

A couple weeks ago I had “the Monday Morning from Hell” . This morning was the opposite. One of the reasons is that I let up on my “have to teach my kids responsibility” modus operandi.

Usually I want my kids to learn responsibility, so I don’t help them out much, especially as they get older. I don’t look for their stuff, I don’t pack their backpacks, I don’t check everything. Sometimes this leads to difficulty, but for the most part it has led to more responsible kids. However, it breaks down a little bit with kids who need meds and they haven’t kicked in yet.

So some mornings I just say to myself, “Forget responsibility -- I just want peace” like this morning. Bart was kind enough to get the first wave of kids out the door, and I just gathered Dominyk’s stuff myself. So, I gave myself some peace, and since it was 5 below, I gave them a ride and had them to school by 7:35.

Today I have finally reached the limit as to how much I can tolerate myself and HAVE to clean of this horrible desk. So that is my task for the next few hours, in addition to several family-related phone calls. I’ll get to my job after that (and hopefully get time to post some pictures, or blog some of the other topics I’ve been wanting to blog).

No comments: