Thursday, December 01, 2005

Climbing out for a moment

Back into the zone today trying to figure out which kids are still available.

Last night I had dreams all night trying to match kids. The teens haunt me at night. Their faces, their profiles. You can tell I’m obsessed because I blog about this so much.

But here’s the deal. Today I am attempting to follow up on all of the kids on my matching bash charts. I’ve been doing this for about 7 hours straight. have even left the laundry to sit because I am so determined to get caught up on this.

Not including the ones I have to add, there are 51 boys ages 11-14 that I have been trying to find homes for. Most of them are from Florida, Texas, Washington and Missouri. Every month I check on them to see if they have been matched with a family. Guess how many were this month?

two.

Yup, just two. And I can bet that the workers haven’t even seen a homestudy for most of the other 49.

I haven’t even started the 15-17 charts. Those are even more depressing.

Who is going to do this? Where are we going to find people willing to rescue these kids and give them their only shot?


No comments: