Thursday, December 29, 2005

Sleep does Wonders

I slept a LONG time last night. Took some cold medicine and laid down at nine. Didn’t sleep really well until 10:30 when I knew Bart had gotten everyone in bed. But i stayed in bed until 8:30 and today, and thus I feel much better emotionally. Plus, unlike most mornings, nothing has happened to make me angry.

in fact, I have received several encouraging emails this morning as I shared my blog address with several social workers who are giving me feedback. I love that.

John will be home tomorrow for good and I’m realizing that it will feel really weird to have weekends where we don’t have to go visit anyone and where we won’t be waiting for phone calls or having to write letters. Everyone will be right here. And that is a good thing.

School will start, as well, in just a few days and that, too is a good thing. Schedule, routine, constancy ... KEYS to parenting kids with a history of abuse and neglect.

Today Salinda gets her contacts and I get a perm and Bart is taking Kyle shopping (mike is going with). I have this outlandish goal of cleaning off my desk. I wonder how many times I have blogged that I’m going to get my desk cleaned off???

No comments: