Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Somewhat Better...

I suppose things are a bit better today, though I am coming down with a cold/sore throat/headache thing that my kids have had and it doesn’t help that i am totally sleep deprived.

After blogging yesterday, I spent some time just chilling out. Then I headed upstairs to put kids to bed late, which we thought would be a nice treat, but ended up being disastrous. One of the kids, who I am sure wants to remain nameless, smeared feces and when confronted, lied to me for the 5th or 6th time and I was able to commit yet another parenting failure by losing it. I was exhausted and just couldn’t take it any more and my “calm is more important than anything” rule just went FLYING out the window.

Then this morning, Dominyk’s pills were missing and Salinda was snitty to me and I felt awful and I had to do things I didn’t want to do today.

But right now things are going fairly well. One of the nice things about my husband is that he seems to be able to step up to the plate and parent for both of us when I’m out of it.

So, day two of us all being together at home is much better than day one was...

No comments: