Saturday, May 13, 2006

Almost completing a Saturday

This morning was tricky -- a soccer game, complete with confusion caused by people pretending to be parents who weren’t. I managed to pack one box of stuff from my office between being interrupted every 3-4 minutes. John was trying his hardest to find stuff to do, but he literally interrupted me 15 times in one hour.

The movie and dinner were fairly uneventful. Tony opted to stay in town and spend time with his PCA and Salinda’s friend joined us so we had 10 of us as usual.

Now I“m trying to get invitations printed for Sadie’s party (She is getting friends together for a party next weekend and I’m teasing her for hosting her own going away party).

I’m also going to put together a movie for church tomorrow, but as my brothers used to say when we were kids, ”i’m ruunnnninnnnng ouuuuut oooof eeeeeeeennnnnnnnnneeeeeeerrrrrgggyyyyyyyy...“

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"complete with confusion caused by people pretending to be parents who weren’t"?

Can you expand on that a bit?

Claudia said...

OK: Explanation: I was getting ready to leave with Ricardo for his soccer game when his coach called. He had missed several games because we were out of town and he lied to me about having shin guards when I was ready to go buy them and then when it came time for the game he all the sudden didn't have any.

Anyway, I was getting ready to leave when his coach called and John answered. He gave the coach our address, told her she could come pick Ricardo up, and never mentioned that I was on my way out the door to take him (John was going with us so I know he knew).

I went outside to wait for the coach and thank her for being willing to give her a ride, but to explain to her that I was already on my way out the door when she called. We waited and waited and waited until it was almost game time.

I went inside to get something and Rand told me that the coach was lost and had called again. He had told her that I already left with Ricardo and she didn't need to come. But he didn't tell me -- so we were waiting for someone who wasn't coming.

I have told the kids again and again not to answer questions directed to a parent, but they do it all time.

Not a big deal, but it did add to the confusion of the morning.