Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Philosophical

Who would have known when I started blogging over a year ago what kind of year we would have? I began the blog as a place to post funny stories, which you will find sporadically -- more when things are easier, less when things get tough. I also used it to post pictures of the kids, which again you will find more of when I’m not stressed and take time to post them. I have used it to “preach” about things I feel passionate about. Occasionally, but not often, I get philosophical, and then I turn to my blog as well, but this doesn’t occur nearly as often as others do. I am not a poor writer, but I am not gifted like Bart or Kari. Bart’s entry about us leaving Luverne and Kari’s entry about her parents moving brought tears to my eyes this morning not only, but in part, due to the fact that they were so well written.

However, my mind has been less than able to wax philosophical lately. It’s everywhere with all of the tasks that need to be accomplished for the move. This morning I sent a note to school that said, “Please excuse Ricardo at 2:15 today. She has a dentist appointment. I will pick her up at the office at that time.” That’s just a small example of how scattered I’ve been, and it doesn’t look like it’s getting better.

I am NOT an INFP like my husband and a frequent commenter of my blog so I’m not all that introspective. In fact, I am an ESTJ, which is the exact opposite.) You can read about Myers Briggs here for more information. I don’t tend to debate philosophical issues nor be very deep. Most of what you see with me is what you get, so experiencing deep emotions and spending time thinking about them really isn’t me.

But when something life changing comes, I can’t help but feel. And it is really a shame though that at this time when I do experience deep emotion, I don’t have time to really feel it, nor do I have time to write about it. But one of these days I am going to have time to feel and eventually, time to write about those feelings. It just won’t be today.

No comments: