Thursday, May 25, 2006

Daily is Boring

I have realized something about myself. I like new things. I like to create. I like ideas. I like to dream big dreams and have visions. I can plan programs down to the penny of a budget. I can raise money. I can do all sorts of stuff at the front end.

But I hate maintaining anything. Anything that requires maintenance is boring to me. I have started a couple of fairly decent non-profits in my day. I have initiated several cool websites. But I just simply HATE maintaining anything. The daily operation of things bores me to no end.

Here’s a perfect example. I’m supposed to be cleaning off my desk and packing, and all I want to do is create a new family website, since our internet server is changing and we’ll have to move it anyway. But I have to discipline myself to stop thinking about a new website and make myself pack boxes, clean off my desk, do expense reports and post-placement reports for work, etc.

Big Huge Yawn.

One day I hope to do something big... but before I do something big, I need to surround myself with people who can maintain.

Wouldn’t it be a great world if we could be cosmically matched into teams where each of our gifts are fully used?

No comments: