Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day

I don't' even know how I can explain tonight adequately to convey the frustration, the stupidity, the annoyance.

I started typing the whole story, but just don't have the emotional energy to do so. It has to do with following the instructions of our in-home therapist and John using the whole thing as a huge game to manipulate and control. The in-home therapist is only going to have 3 sesions with us anyway, but we have agreed to do what she says.

Tony had a huge screaming melt down tonight... it lasted a very long time. He was throwing things, cussing, scratching the van on purpose (luckily it was the one that was already scratched to oblivion), throwing the van seats, etc. He was screaming at the top of his lungs, and believe me, he can scream.

When I finally got him calmed down, I took him to Ricardo's soccer game. Dominyk's PCA dropped him off at the game. Dominyk was playing with some kids and got into an argument and, according to Tony, was cussing at them loud enough for most of the parents at the game to hear (I was sitting away from most of the parents). Dominyk's story was that they had thrown a dead bird on him.

"I've got half a mind to sue them" he told me. The one thing that made me laugh tonight. I don't know where he gets this stuff.

Then we came home and Tony had another meltdown.

Then came the hour with John which I decided not to report to you.

And then I went in to work on cleaning the kitchen, which I hadn't had time to do because I was doing the "hour of talking in circles" with John. I then proceeded to drop a glass glass, one of the only one we had left. It went into the dishwasher and went everywhere. Took forever to clean it out and now Salinda has cut her foot even though I thought I had cleaned it up well.

And we're out of bandaids.

No comments: