Thursday, May 11, 2006

Wow.

I got home at 9:45 last night, tired but in fairly good spirits. Came to find out that everything was fine here as well, which is a good thing. Woke up to inform Rand, almost 18, that he could not leave for school until yesterday’s chores were done. I had told him a few days ago that this is the way we were going to do it. I have been playing the “chore game” with him since he was 11.

So, as I am supervising him cleaning the laundry room, I send him upstairs with a basket of clothes which somehow got “lost” on the way to our bedroom. They had Bart’s jeans that he was going to pack to take on his mini trip over to Mankato (leaving at 7:30 this morning). So Bart was not happy.

Other typical things happened too (John making his ride sit in the drive way for 7 minutes, Dominyk wearing dirty jeans, Salinda late to dance, yada yada yada....

I now actually have two days where I can focus on my desk, my paperwork, my in box (250 messages) and laundry without having to go to any meetings.

Later, when I have the energy, I will go upstairs and get the camera and post a couple pictures of our new furniture.

No comments: