Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A Day Without Appointments

For the first time in a long time, I have a day without meetings. If I don’t forget, I’m going to weigh in at the church (our Parish Nurse provides an awesome “weigh and pray” program). Otherwise I got nothing on the calendar. Nothing but sitting at the desk and getting done the many things on my to ever growing to-do-list.Bart is at a “moving schedule” hearing about when the truck is coming and getting boxes. He’ll be home later tonight.

Last night Mr. Object Permanence had the television on at 11:15. He and John are supposed to be downstairs by 9:30, and are allowed to talk and listen to music quietly. But no TV. I heard it on, went downstairs, but by the time I got down the first step it miraculously shut off the second my foot hit the top stair. He looked straight at me and told me he didn’t know what I was talking about. I’m trying to think of a creative way to consequence him this time. I just went to talk to him about it, and the conversation was as amusing as it was annoying.

Meanwhile, as I write this, Tony is in the bathroom and after losing a few dollars to me for cussing, is chanting “fat girl, fat girl, fat girl.” But I’ve been through so many older kids already that I’m unphased.


RIght as I’m ready to hit “publish post” the corner food and gas center called to let me know that Tony was over there trying to use a cash card. I appreciate the call.

Today if consequences were chocolate, I’d be Milton S. Hershey.

No comments: