Tuesday, May 23, 2006

SO Quiet

I've arrived at our new home. It is SO quiet here... almost spooky. When I sneezed it echoed.

Got a busy day ahead with many errands to run. It is my goal to get John a job today and I have a good lead. I'm hoping that in a couple hours I'll be able to post that he has the potential of being employed. He won't turn 16 until July but he's motivated to work and I'm counting on my persuasive powers to convince someone to let him work for them. Crossing my fingers and toes an praying a LOT as he does not do well with unstructured time.

Once again I'm feeling some hope that the dark tunnel we've been meandering through over the last year or two has a light at the end of it.... But I felt that way last last Friday and ended up having a pretty lousy evening. So I guess you just never know.

I'm excited to hear back that some people may be able to join us for the SNACC picnic on the 16th! Everyone is welcome -- even if you have to drive hours to get here...

No comments: