Sunday, May 21, 2006

Opposition to Defiance Disorder

As I often say, while several off my children have ODD (Oppositional Defiance Disorder) I also have ODD (Opposition TO Defiance Disorder). It doesn’t work well.We have pretty structured rules in our home in regards to behavior in church. The kids think it is because their father is the pastor, but it would be this way anyway.I have to sit in the sound booth for the second service and I usually sit in the back with Dominyk during first service. This morning only a few of my children were doing what they were supposed to and Tony was just as ODD as they come... one thing after another he was doing to make me crazy. And who knows for what reason, Salinda has had a scowl on her face most of the morning.Some weeks I handle it well, but the grief of our departure and possibly my emotional cycle prevented me from patiently responding to the repetitious defiance. When we got home I let everyone get out of the van and I just sat in the quiet garage and waited for several minutes before entering the house.This afternoon will be spent getting things ready and hosting a party for Sadie ... which will be require me to be very forgiving considering how much she defied and annoyed me yesterday (resulting in the Target entry).

No comments: