Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Lazy

I NEVER give myself permission to be lazy. I almost always am doing something with a purpose, 24-7-365. Of course most people would say that I am physically lazy -- most of what I do requires very little physical energy. But with my time I am always trying to be productive.

But last night I just couldn't make myself do anything. After meeting with our contractor for the basement bedroom (how do you like that title, Mike) i spent almost 90 minutes in the lumber/sheetrock section of Home Depot ... NOT my idea of fun. I then went to the mall and found a few places hiring and picked up applications for John there. The lead I had turned out to be a hilarious disappointment, but I won't blog it right now. Maybe later. Or maybe I'll actually have one story I can tell my blog-reading friends when I see them in person.

I didn't get back to the house until around 7:45 and I just sat here until 10 -- couldn't even make myself blog. We have no TV here, so I just played a tetris-like computer game and headed off to bed. I was tempted to feel a little guilty, but reminded myself that I probably won't have a chance to be lazy like that again for months, so I decided to let go of the guilt.

I'm excited about the SNACC picnic. Even have a family in Wisconsin considering making a weekend of it just to be with other folks who have kids with special needs. Isn't that awesome? Who else is coming? Email me?

1 comment:

Marge said...

Claudia, you must have been hiding pretty good! I looked across the street to see if there were any lights on, and your new home looked dark so I figured you had gone home after all. I was looking to take a break from packing and thought I'd see if you were there. I guess we will see you this weekend though.
Marge