Friday, December 01, 2006

And After I Blogged Again...


Right after I finished writing my blog about Salinda’s fit last night, she came in and gave me a big hug and told me she loved me and handed me a note before she went to school.

The note demonstrated that she has learned from us how and what to do when there is a conflict, and that is very encouraging.

First, she apologized for all the confusion. She acknowledged that she got caught up in pleasing everyone else and it got confusing. She said she was sorry that we had to be inconvenienced.

Secondly, she wrote her plan telling us what she hoped would happen. She said her friends really liked being in our house because it was clean and tidy and that is why it was important.

Then, she said that if it didn’t happen that was OK, but she really hoped it could.

Third, she made it very clear that she was (spelling hers) reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly grateful that she had me and Dad for parents and that she loved both of us very much.

So, a note like that, a hug, expressions of gratitude, and words of love? You bet she’ll have what she wants tonight. And even if it is a little bit manipulative, at least she has learned what she’s supposed to do instead of several of her brothers who have the “screw you, I don’t have to like you or do what you say but you BETTER give me what I want” philosophy.

No comments: