Tuesday, May 08, 2007

And the List Goes On

After writing my top five most annoying things about parenting a large adoptive family, the list in my head keeps growing in my head. Maybe I'm just easily annoyed lately, but the amount of supervision it is taking lately to get some of my kids to do the simplest things is making my head spin and cortort into various shapes while steam comes out of my nose and ears.

You would think that possibly they could get up, shower if they haven't already, get dressed in their own clothing that fits them, brush their teeth and get out the door. The girls can. They barely come out of their room in the morning except to brush their teeth. But the boys, all of them, ages 11-18, need constant supervision if they are going to get it right. Some days I just give up and decide it doesn't matter THAT much if someone's shirt goes down to their knees or their boxers are so tight they won't be able to breathe all day, but other times I just think that these basic things they SHOULD be able to do.

The "don't sweat the small stuff" theory may work in other arenas, but I sometimes feel like if we can't get the small stuff, what will life be like when they try the big stuff?

So I vascilate between being determined that they'll get the small stuff right and blowing it off, but I even when I blow it off it drives me a little crazier every day.

Drooling and in depends . . . that's where I'm heading.

And Dominyk, who has gained 45 pounds in the past six months due to med changes and his new obsession of food, was just heard chanting as he walked out the door, "I like food. I like to eat. I like to eat too much. I LIKE getting fat, oh yes I do."

Well, at least he's a positive thinker....

No comments: