Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A Day Away from the Desk

I'm heading over to our old stomping grounds today to do a post-placement visit and I'm also going to visit our son John and take him to lunch and to do some shopping (he wants to spend some of the money he's earned). It will be fun to see him, but having travelled the equivalent of a trip to Winnepeg just on soccer trips this past weekend, I'm not thrilled about getting into the van again.

But I will do so as I know it is important for him to see me. We're trying to figure out a way to afford for all of us to go see him, but gas is so expensive and a hotel for all of us almost impossible financially for us right now. I had intimated before we might be able to, so I have to break the news to him.

I'll be gone from 7:30 a.m. until about 5:30 p.m. today and most likely come home quite tired.

No comments: