Wednesday, May 02, 2007

In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning

OK, so it's only minutes, and it's probably not the time of day he was thinking about, who can resist quoting Frank Sinatra?

I got up 15 minutes before I had to this morning. A rarity and, as those of you know know me in person are not surprised, it was bladder related, but I digress.

The time before the kids get up seems to be the most peaceful time of the day. It seems quieter than when they are at school and I am calmer than I am after they have gone to bed. I wish I didn't need as much sleep -- I'd get up earlier every day. I might even be able to spend some time in reflection...

Four kids have therapy this morning... yes, our therapist is going to get to spend her entire morning with the Fletchers. Then this afternoon there is no school (because this school district has set as its goal to have less actual school days than any other in the continental U.S). We have PCA assessments for three kids which should be very interesting.

Then tonight it's a myriad of activities at the church.

So, once again the day will fly by and we'll drop exhausted, into bed, wondering how it went so fast.

2 comments:

debbie said...

I just found out that mine of course have today and friday off. those poor teachers better never complain of burn out within my hearing range!!!!!

Buzz Stephens said...

Speaking of Frank Sinatra, there is an exciting new group on Yahoo called The Judy Garland Experience. The group features amazingly rare audio treasures, great photo’s, lively discussions, and just about the greatest membership a group can have. This week we are featuring rare files of Judy performing in Long Beach with The Rat Pack, as well as an ultra rare interview with Judy, unreleased tracks of Sinatra at Carnegie Hall, and some other odds and ends (including both of Judy’s songs from Valley Of The Dolls).
The group consists of fans of all levels, Garland family members, historians, authors of books on Judy, other entertainers, filmakers, and more. The only thing missing is you!
So, please check out our little Judyville, once you visit us you might never want to leave.
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/thejudygarlandexperience/