Saturday, May 26, 2007

Snippets from Last Nights Dreaming

I got to sleep a long time last night. It was wonderful. And there's nothing like waking up to the sound of a husband vacuuming. Wow do I love that man.

Anway, here are some snippets from my active dream life last night. Sorry, nothing is as hilarious as the Chimichanga dream you can see by reading the things that happened to me last night why sometimes I wake up exhausted, even after 10 hours of sleep.

1) We found out that we misread our tax statement and that we actually owed Uncle Sam $6900 instead of $69.00. We had no way to pay it. People in our church were trying hard to help us figure how we could do so without having to sell the house or leave the church (they had many creative ideas) but I was the one, of course, with optimism and faith that it was going to all turnout OK.

2) I was at a house, not hours, with a bunch of teenagers and found Mike in a room with Salinda and her new BFF who was in Mike's arms. It was alarming to say the least. Then he got in a car with me to "talk again" about coming home, and I had to make him get out of the car.

3) I was riding my bike outside (OK, yeah, so I knew I was dreaming) and all of the sudden I realized I was on the wrong bike. I was in a strange urban neighborhood and many people were stopping me and saying "That bike's not yours. It belongs over at the group home." So I head back to a group home for Developmentally Delayed adults and all of them are stopping me. "oooooh. you have Mar-tin's Bike. Mar-tin will be mad. Mar-tin is not going to like you. Why do you think you can ride Mar-tin's bike. Where did you get Mar-tin's bike? Who said you could ride Mar-tin's bike? I'm going to tell Mar-tin?" Thank goodness I got out of the neighborhood before Mar-tin came home.

4) Finally, I was showering in the front yard of a house on a busy street. I got out of the shower and started drying myself off and thought to myself, "Wow, this street is busier than usual. Must be holiday traffic. Maybe I should go inside the house to dry off and get dressed."

Another night inside my head...

No comments: