Monday, May 14, 2007

Two down, four to go

Two nights without Bart are gone. I didn't sleep well, but it had nothing to do with Mike.

Process left a comment about our safety and a restraining order. We looked into that, but in order to do it we have to have proof that he would do something. Since aggression isn't his issue, I don't know that we could prove that we needed a restraining order. It isn't so much that I am afraid of what he will do, it is just unsettling to know that he might show up at any time that makes me feel uncomfortable.

The other really nice thing about our lives is that Kari shares her awesome husband Mike with me. We saw them again last night and I thanked Mike for being the kind of guy that I knew would get up and come over in the middle of the night if I called him. It's great to have friends like that. They live less than a mile away and I know he'd be here in three minutes even if I called at 3:00 a.m. Fortunately we haven't had to take advantage of that blessing, but friends like that are awesome.

Today we have four eye doctors appointments to start our day, then I have a homestudy visit, am traiing a new PCA and tonight we're heading to the twin cities for a soccer game. Our wonderful friends Tim and Sue are covering the boy scout meeting for Tony...

Some days we could really use more parents in this family.

No comments: