Sunday, May 27, 2007

it's the Little Things

I already did a post about this a couple weeks ago but it got lost when I got booted from the computer.

I explained that while the big things are exhausting for a time, it's the little things that really exhaust you and get you down. Like

  • pee on the toilet seat
  • sunflower seed shells under the couch when sunflower seeds are not allowed in the house
  • boys wearing my socks and making them crusty and holey
  • warm milk because somoeone couldn't put it away
  • phone calls after ten
  • pee on the toilet seat
  • rotting food stuffed in the cup holders in the very back of the van
  • notes written in planners from school
  • finding my t-shirt on a teenage boy
  • pants that sag
  • when you're boys shirts hang lower on their bodies than their sister's skirts
  • pee on the toilet seat
  • the dog pooping in the house because nobody can let him out but the parents (guess you have to be registered to vote to let the dog out)
  • barf in the middle of the night
  • fights over the front seat EVERY time we get in the van, even if the trip is only a mile
  • the word no used after every parental request
  • pee on the toilet seat
  • and I could go on and on and on.


And finally, for today, trying to find out who used my toothbrush!

5 comments:

Yondalla said...

Glasses of what once was milk and now is some sort of cheese in children's rooms.
Whiskers in the sink.
Every light in the house turned on.
Dirty dishes in every room, including the counter next to the dish washer when the dishwasher is empty.
Three open boxes each with 2 inches of the exact same cereal.
Pee on the toilet seat, the side of the toilet, the floor and the wall around the toilet.
Sigh. I could go on.

Jennifer said...

Oh the pee on and around the toliet seat is especially my biggest gripe right now. Especially when I was dealing with morning sickness and had to worship that porcelin god on a regular basis.

debbie said...

you mmissed your calling, you really would have been great at stand-up comedy!!!!

Becky said...

Spoons in the driveway.

Using the laundry room as a personal closet.

"Nobody ever does (insert cleaning task) around here" Well honey, that includes you. And last I checked I'm not the only one with opposable thumbs.

Luann DeGroot said...

Yuck. When my nephew was small, I found out the best way to contract strep throat was to use your toothbrush immediately after a sick toddler had (unknown to you) been pretending to brush his own teeth with it. Direct delivery of germs to your tonsils!