Monday, October 30, 2006

Daylight Savings Time

Yesterday morning I needed another hour of sleep. I felt rested when I woke up and I wasn’t that tired last night. Daylight Savings Time was working in my favor.

But for our kids, it’s not a good plan. Monday mornings are never easy and today has been especially hard. Last night kids fell asleep at weird times and therefore this morning we have 8 showers instead of six to fit in. The kids are confused and out of sorts wondering why it’s so light out. Kari linked to a post about Circadian systems being affected by FASD. It sure seems that my kids have had a hard time the past week and I wonder if that is one of the issues.

This morning I have to give everyone a ride to school (usually I only take 3) and I have to take Bart’s computer in once again to be fixed. I need to fight with company as well about replacing it or something as it has given us nothing but problems since he got it. Then, because he has meetings, I have to go to court alone.

But at least, when court is over, I will experience relief and have a whole week off before we have to go to court again. And somewhere in there we will have to go to court for Mike’s new charges as well. I really do dread court and there are so many bad memories from it that I can’t help but think something bad is going to happen every time I enter a court room.

So we’re back in the trenches -- but yesterday was a good day and there will be others.

No comments: